Full course description
|December 1-7, 2017 (day off Monday December 4)
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
|Carol A Agneessens|
|$955 + $30 administrative fee|
|6 Required Intermediate Credits|
303 Potrero St.
Building 29. Suite 202
Santa Cruz, CA
“Man is something organized around a line.” — Dr. Ida Rolf
In Rolfing®, the central or biological core is the organizing principle of the body. Through the dynamic interface of verticality and horizontality, structural integration emerges and is sustained. Oftentimes, achieving the length of uprightness takes precedence over the stabilizing dimensions of the 'horizontal' membranes, the diaphragms.
In this 6-day workshop we will:
- Explore the interface of the Biological Core with the 8 functionally
- horizontal diaphragms of the body.
- Learn manipulative approaches for each diaphragm.
- Weave an understanding of the core-to-diaphragm interface through the basic series of sessions.
- Design a 3-session series based on “seeing” and “perceiving” patterns held within these horizontal membranes.
- Move with deepening awareness of the environmental space and breath of connection diaphragms support.
- Engage a pervading sense of ‘being-ness’, ‘peace’ and ‘wholeness’ as integral expressions of living from your biological core.
Carol A Agneessens, MS.has been practicing Rolfing® SI and Rolf Movement® Integration for over 36 years. As a Rolfing SI and Rolf Movement Instructor and as a certified instructor in association with the Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy Association, her focus includes cultivating an expanded perceptual field, receptive listening, and deepening sensory awareness. She has come to appreciate that these are key factors for sustained transformation within oneself and in working with others.